Monday, January 16, 2012

Introducing Saxton, our faucet

I thought I wanted oil-rubbed bronze finishes. They're beautiful, and stately, and all sorts of gaze-upon-me, for-I-am-worthy-of-your-lingering-glance. So I dutifully looked online and in stores; I dog-eared magazine pages and bookmarked a couple of websites. Then I noticed something: few of my online pins featured this finish. And when I looked at those pictures I'd pinned, I couldn't imagine oil-rubbed bronze in them. So after noticing what they did feature, I asked the Mr. if he had an opinion. And when he spoke these words, I knew what we would choose:

"I love chrome."

Okay, technically he said, "I like that really shiny silver" - but he meant chrome. And oh I love it too! So fast forward through me getting way too worked up about a finish to today's showroom visit. They had what we wanted:

 

It's like she's saying, "Well finally! Buy me so we can get out of here." Her name is Saxton, and she's shiny and fetching and will look fantastic in our bathroom.

So what's next? The tile hunt. We have not been able to decide on anything. At all. In the meantime, the floor joists are in, plumbing laid and second floor decking is being installed. Framing will go up later this week and we'll really start to get a feel for the layout and look for things. I continue to post pictures reguarly. More to come...

1 comment: