Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Dip, Splat, Spread: In Goes the Tile

I don't think I could be a tiler. Correction: I don't think I'd like to be a tiler (my HGTV 'upbringing' assures me surely I could actually do it). The folks laying the tiles have been at it for two straight days. They work long days, have to manhandle a lot of heavy boxes/bags, and use a scary looking wet saw. That's before they even get to the laying of the tile. Makes me wish we'd chosen 4' x 4' tiles, and then they'd only need to put down like four of them. Instead, we choose things like subway tile, which probably feels like hand-trimming a lawn blade by blade.

But I'm grateful for this crew. They've started in one of the girls' bathrooms and nearly finished it. A sneak peek for you:


























A side note about some of these photos. There are no lights inside the house, and I'm typically inside taking pictures, with my phone, sometime around the after-work hour. While trying for some angle that hopefully shows you what I see. And often while shooing a kid/mister out of the photo. It's not the best lighting/photography environment.

But anyway, it looks great. The vanities will be stained a dark walnut color, and with the silvery gray on the walls and the chrome fixutres it will look great! We think! Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment