Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Lots of updates!

Let's just dive in, shall we?
  • Trim is up. All of the door and window trimwork, the baseboards and the crown molding are up. We have this oversized baseboard that I love. We also apparently have two different types of baseboards in the house, which I never noticed before. So...thanks? For pointing that out? Our builder went with the one that is more 'period'. By the way, you can also spell it crown moulding. I just felt like you should know. 
  • Master bath tub plumbing is now situated. And our new tub filler appears to be fixed to the floor (pre-tile). At least I assume so, since I couldn't move it from its spot. She's a beaut, and a bit modern. Pic over in Interiors.
  • We decided on the newel posts, balusters and handrail. I don't have pictures of the last two, but one of the newel post is also over in Interiors.
  • We haven't chosen any light fixtures. I'm really trying to come in under budget on this line item. And oh the options - nearly endless it seems! 
  • We might be done a month early. Whaaaaaat?!? The key word is might. We are cruising right along and are actually ahead of schedule. So, we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment