Monday, February 20, 2012

Undermount, self-rimming and vessel (oh my)

We're all particular about something most other people generally don't give much thought to. For example, my dessert must be either hot or cold, and not both (like the horror that is a brownie sundae), and I only eat tomatoes if they've been thoroughly seeded (that pulpy center is awful). Turns out, I'm also rather choosy about my sinks.

What I'm not fond of:
  • Plain, oval sinks
  • Most vessel sinks
  • Most undermount sinks
  • Anything that looks like this
What Chris is not fond of:
  • Any sink that you can't just sweep everything off the counter into. Yes, really.
My dream sink is a rectangular, self-rimming (or slightly vessel) sink, like this one, this one, or even this one. I prefer self-rimming because they're gorgeous and I think they're easier to clean around. Admittedly, they also can be a bit of a counter space hog. Since the ones I loved the most were more than we wanted to spend, I decided to set myself a challenge: find a sink we both love, at or under budget. And we found it. May I present Verticyl:














Other views available here.

What I love about this sink: it's round, not oval, and it has a flat rather than curved basin. And under budget! I found this online, then viewed them at a bath studio last weekend - even more gorgeous in person. We're installing these in all three bathrooms; it will look great with our faucets.

Being particular has it's advantages: you get only what you truly want.



No comments:

Post a Comment